Lifting the Veils of Illusion
~ Presented by: William Meader ~
~ Sponsored by the Theosophical Society in America ~
Enlightenment occurs when the many Veils of Illusion have been recognized and lifted from within ourselves. Without realizing it, these veils subtly distort our day-to-day perceptions. For example, desire veils the experience of higher love, intellect will often veil wisdom, and our perception of time tends to veil the existence of the Eternal Now. Yet when the Veils of Illusion are lifted, an individual’s consciousness will invariably expand. We then begin to see reality anew.
In this four-part class, we will explore the many veils that prevent us from more fully living the life of Spirit. From this, we will examine how consciousness is changed when each veil is lifted, and the methods used to accomplish this. Specifically, participants will learn:
- The nature and origin of the Veils of Illusion, and how they shroud reality
- How the personality creates various veils that block the light of the Soul
- How one’s natal chart reveals various astrological distortions of perception
- Several methods for lifting the Veils of Illusion
- Transcending various veils as preparatory to Spiritual Initiation
Mondays, 7:00 – 8:15 p.m. CDT
March 1 – March 22 (4 classes)
Information and Registration:
Please see the Theosophical Society in America website by clicking here.